In 2015, the Lower LA River Working Group was formed (AB530) to develop the Lower LA River Revitalization Master Plan. Bell, Bell Gardens, Commerce, Compton Cudahy, East LA, Long Beach, Lynwood, Maywood, and South Gate are all adjacent to the proposed river revitalization. Finalized in 2017, the LLARRMP included a “Community Stability Toolkit”, which EYCEJ advocated for. The toolkit lists a number of policies, programs, and projects, which build community stability and mitigate gentrification and displacement. You can find the toolkit here.
How am I impacted?
What if I need help?
- We host monthly workshops where you can learn your rights as a tenant
- We are engaged with a new LA County program that can connect you to Legal Assistance
- If you need immediate assistance call our hotline: (562) 999-2863
How can I take Action?
- Sign our SELA Demands Petition and demand COVID protections!
- E-mail Jessica Prieto (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information on ongoing meetings regarding community stability