Call To Action
West Long Beach says NO to Tesoro Expansion!
Our Long Beach residents are at the mercy of so many environmental injustices, its time to take action. Contact the South Coast Air Quality Management Board and ask them to not support the expansion of the Tesoro Refinery.
The Tesoro Refinery expansion would severely bring environmental impacts to the surrounding communities. The expansion would bring new toxins to the community, would allow for more sulfur to be held, and increase the size of the refinery to more than double its current size which would change the living conditions of the communities along the 11 and 710 freeways.Benzine is linked to the toxins from the refinery and many of our residents have, or know of, someone that has cancer or refinery pollution. This has to stop!
Here are some actionable steps you can take to be in solidarity with the community of Long Beach:
- Tweet: .@SoutchCoastAQMD click to tweet
- Call the South Coast Air Quality Management Board: list here
- State your opposition for the expansion. Example:
- “Hello, my name is ___________________ and I am an advocate for community health. I want to urge you to NOT support the expansion of the Tesoro Refinery and be with community. Community health should not be put at the mercy of the Oil industry.”
- Ask if you can count on their support.
- Thank them for their time.
- Let us know that you have called by posting this link your FB page with the message “I oppose the Tesoro Expansion” and tagging EYCEJ.
- Last but not least, sign our petition